5:2 What Godlessness Means
Since there are no gods
we are all technically godless.
All the beauty in the world, all of the moral people, and all that brings you joy in life exists despite the lack of gods.
Better Without Gods
This awe inspiring universe is exactly the type of universe one would expect to see if there were no gods. Everything in it is governed by natural forces meaning there is no god intentionally causing floods and setting off earthquakes when he or she feels like it. Living in a godless universe is what allows us to make predictions about nature and use our knowledge of its functionality and limitations to protect and improve the lives of future generations.
Godlessness is the freedom to make positive changes in the world.
Spirituality is commonly defined as the sense of feeling connected to everything around us and finding inner peace. Some of the most enlightened and spiritual figures, such as Buddha and the Dalai Lama, embrace their godlessness. Buddhists develop inner peace, kindness, and wisdom through daily practice and then share their experience with others. They try to not harm others and to live peacefully and gently, working towards the ultimate goal of pure and lasting happiness for all living beings.
Source of Morality
The basics of morality derive from our evolutionary instincts as a community based species. There are mutual benefits from working together, making it a favorable trait for natural selection. Humans, taking morality one step further, worked out the way we want to live and concluded that we don't want to be in a society where it is okay to steal or rape. Morality is subjective and constantly improving as we examine the results and determine what causes the least amount of harm to one's self and others. Some of us are below or above the wave of moral standards but we are all far ahead of our biblical ancestors like Moses and Abraham. The change in our moral standards is driven by improved education and expressed in the news, television, speeches, novels, and judicial reason.
- 1:1 The Need To Discuss Christianity 1:2 Christianity Isn't Harmless 1:3 Has it Caused Good? 1:4 Christianity's Immoral Teachings
- 2:1 Why Christianity Can't Be True 2:2 God 2:3 Jesus Christ 2:4 Souls & the Supernatural 2:5 Why So Many Still Believe
- 3:1 Closer look at the Bible 3:2 False Claims 3:3 Contradictions 3:4 Bible Stories
- 4:1 History of the Faith 4:2 Creating the Bible 4:3 Changes & Lost Gospels 4:4 Inventing Christ
- 5:1 Living For This Life 5:2 What Godlessness Means 5:3 Atheism & Humanism 5:4 Stories of De-Conversion 5:5 Answers & Concerns
Topics Links &