Chick Tract: Are You A Good Person?
Below is a closer look at a popular chick tract from Living Waters exposing their dishonest attempts to guilt you into following them.A person is not considered a "liar" unless that person repeatedly lies. Telling a lie on occasion does not mean the person is actually a liar, just as a person who played baseball once as a child would not be considered a "baseball player." Now robbing a bank only once is enough to label a person as a "bank robber" but such descriptive titles are based on frequency AND degree. If a person stole a lot of money from a bank they would be a bank robber, if they stole just a dollar or maybe a pen they would not be charged as a bank robber.
Living Waters, and the Bible, falsely act as if lust is a decision that people make. If people could consciously choose who they find physically attractive there would be far less dating sites, if any at all. And despite Jesus' false use of the word adultery, lusting is not the same as adultery.
Adultery is the act of having voluntary sexual intercourse with a person who is married to another. Lust is simply the desire to have sex. Desiring something and doing something are not the same thing. Desiring to be a millionaire does not make you a millionaire, you can't buy a car on desire. And scripturally speaking, you can't just desire to be worthy of going to Heaven, you have to do the deeds to earn it.
The entire reason why Christians today say "God" instead of "Yahweh" is so they WON'T be taking the lord's name in vain. This commandment is from the Jewish belief that one should not say their god's name out loud. This is why Hebrew scriptures say Yahweh (not God or Lord) but in Hebrew verbal traditions they would say "god" instead of their god's name. When scripture was copied to Greek the verbal tradition was accidentally applied to the written words, removing the god's name. Since our English bibles are based on Greek translations the error is included. In reality, what reads as "Don't take the Lord's name in vain" in English Bibles actually reads as "Don't take Yahweh's name in vain" according to scripture.
- 1:1 The Need To Discuss Christianity 1:2 Christianity Isn't Harmless 1:3 Has it Caused Good? 1:4 Christianity's Immoral Teachings
- 2:1 Why Christianity Can't Be True 2:2 God 2:3 Jesus Christ 2:4 Souls & the Supernatural 2:5 Why So Many Still Believe
- 3:1 Closer look at the Bible 3:2 False Claims 3:3 Contradictions 3:4 Bible Stories
- 4:1 History of the Faith 4:2 Creating the Bible 4:3 Changes & Lost Gospels 4:4 Inventing Christ
- 5:1 Living For This Life 5:2 What Godlessness Means 5:3 Atheism & Humanism 5:4 Stories of De-Conversion 5:5 Answers & Concerns
Topics Links &
© 2012 Truth-Saves. Website by The Last Arcade.