Christians are people who not only believe in God's existence but also support him, his actions, and his decisions. God is a decision maker who sends people to Hell and decides against allowing them into Heaven if they simply do not believe in his existence. How can a person who is probably a very moral person in all other aspects of their life support such an immoral decision maker?
1. Belief is not a choice
A person cannot honestly choose to believe in the existence of God any more than they can choose to believe in the existence of Bigfoot, Santa Clause, or fairies. An honest person can only believe in the existence of something if they are presented with convincing evidence for its existence and are also not presented with any evidence against its existence. And obviously you can't choose to support or follow something until after you believe it even exists.
2. Immoral discrimination by Christians
If Christians support God's decisions then they must also agree with his decisions. Thus Christians not only believe that good people who are not Christians will burn in Hell but they also deserve to burn in Hell for not being a Christians.
3. Selfish motivations?
Do Christians make the special exception in morality to support an immoral God for selfish reasons? Would they still support God and his decisions if there was no promise of Heaven or threat of Hell for them personally?
4. Relationship caused bias?
Do Christians make the special exception in morality to support an immoral God because of a bias for him? All relationships develop some sort of bias and most Christians describe their religion as an emotionally intense relationship. Would Christians support anyone else who punished people simply for not believing in them during a given time frame?
- 1:1 The Need To Discuss Christianity 1:2 Christianity Isn't Harmless 1:3 Has it Caused Good? 1:4 Christianity's Immoral Teachings
- 2:1 Why Christianity Can't Be True 2:2 God 2:3 Jesus Christ 2:4 Souls & the Supernatural 2:5 Why So Many Still Believe
- 3:1 Closer look at the Bible 3:2 False Claims 3:3 Contradictions 3:4 Bible Stories
- 4:1 History of the Faith 4:2 Creating the Bible 4:3 Changes & Lost Gospels 4:4 Inventing Christ
- 5:1 Living For This Life 5:2 What Godlessness Means 5:3 Atheism & Humanism 5:4 Stories of De-Conversion 5:5 Answers & Concerns
Topics Links &