Lord, Liar, or Lunatic
- He was Lord,
- He was a liar, or
- He was a lunatic.
First off it is most likely that Jesus Christ never existed, hence why there is no actual historical evidence to suggest that he existed. And why in the earliest accounts of Jesus ,which all later known accounts are based off of, Paul says his knowledge of the figure Jesus is based on scriptures instead of an actual person.
Even if the stories of the figure Jesus Christ were originally based on an actual person, "Lord, liar, or lunatic" are not the only options. There is another option that is far more common throughout history. The story of Jesus Christ could have also just been a legend, over exaggerated tales loosely based on a real person that was neither Lord, a liar, or a lunatic. Take for example the legends of Hercules. Hercules was a real person who was simply stronger than your average person. Over time people exaggerated stories of how strong he actually was and even credited his strength to have been given by the gods.
- 1:1 The Need To Discuss Christianity 1:2 Christianity Isn't Harmless 1:3 Has it Caused Good? 1:4 Christianity's Immoral Teachings
- 2:1 Why Christianity Can't Be True 2:2 God 2:3 Jesus Christ 2:4 Souls & the Supernatural 2:5 Why So Many Still Believe
- 3:1 Closer look at the Bible 3:2 False Claims 3:3 Contradictions 3:4 Bible Stories
- 4:1 History of the Faith 4:2 Creating the Bible 4:3 Changes & Lost Gospels 4:4 Inventing Christ
- 5:1 Living For This Life 5:2 What Godlessness Means 5:3 Atheism & Humanism 5:4 Stories of De-Conversion 5:5 Answers & Concerns
Topics Links &