Josh McDowell exposes Christiantiy
Josh McDowell spoke out on July 15th, 2011, during the "Unshakable Truth, Relevant Faith"event at the Billy Graham Training Center. There he identified what he claims as being the greatest threat to Christians... the internet.
Why is the internet seen as such a problem by one of the world's biggest names in Christian apologetics? Because it gives those who are skeptical "almost equal access to your kids as your youth pastor and you have... whether you like it or not." The internet "has leveled the playing field [giving equal access to skeptics]."
What terrible threat is being spread by these skeptics over the internet? The abundance of knowledge & information. Yes, the greatest threat to Christianity according to Josh McDowell is an abundance of knowledge & information. I personally could not agree with Josh any more. Hence why taking the time to learn more about Christianity, more than just what circulates in Christian circles, always leads to de-conversions.
In those few words Josh unintentionally admits twice that Christianity is false.
1. When Josh said that the abundance of knowledge & information will not lead to certainty he was talking about the certainty of Christianity's legitimacy. Since certainty in Christianity can only coexist with a filtered and limited amount of knowledge & information, Josh decided to discard knowledge as the problem. But as any slightly honest person will admit, if the certainty of a claim is threatened by additional knowledge then it is the claim that should be discarded, not the knowledge which disproves the claim.
The only way we can really be certain about anything is through an abundance of knowledge. Only when all the available evidence is on the table can one be certain about a claim.
2. Josh makes it very clear that he agrees that skepticism and a belief in Christianity are polar opposites. If belief in something can only exist through blind following and the absence of questioning then obviously it is a false belief.
So what have we learned from Josh McDowell's speech? Christianity and knowledge are mortal enemies because of an obvious reason, the claims of Christianity are false. I can only hope that, when an abundance of knowledge leads to the disproving of a claim, you discard the claim and cherish knowledge... instead of choosing the way of Josh McDowell.
NOTE: People were charged $199 each to be told that knowledge is bad by Josh McDowell. Truth-Saves supports knowledge free of charge.
Source: The Christian Post
Event info: Z events
- 1:1 The Need To Discuss Christianity 1:2 Christianity Isn't Harmless 1:3 Has it Caused Good? 1:4 Christianity's Immoral Teachings
- 2:1 Why Christianity Can't Be True 2:2 God 2:3 Jesus Christ 2:4 Souls & the Supernatural 2:5 Why So Many Still Believe
- 3:1 Closer look at the Bible 3:2 False Claims 3:3 Contradictions 3:4 Bible Stories
- 4:1 History of the Faith 4:2 Creating the Bible 4:3 Changes & Lost Gospels 4:4 Inventing Christ
- 5:1 Living For This Life 5:2 What Godlessness Means 5:3 Atheism & Humanism 5:4 Stories of De-Conversion 5:5 Answers & Concerns
Topics Links &