3:1 Closer Look At the Bible
Christians believe the Bible is the inspired word of God but a closer look reveals a book they are unfamiliar with.
Within its pages are an assortment of errancies ranging from minor contradictions to embarrassingly false claims about nature and history. Although some claims in it are true, the Bible as a whole is definitely not true and should only be viewed as inspirational literature on par with Homer's The Iliad and Odyssey.
Share a reason
Written in 3 different continents
The Bible was written by people in 3 different continents. This proves that God was the author and guided the writers.
View Problems (1)Problem 1 The Bible was written by people in 3 different continents but only in the small area around the Mediterranean sea where those three continents meet.
Written in 3 different languages
The Bible was written in 3 different languages. This proves that God was the author and guided the writers.
View Problems (1)Problem 1 Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek were the well known languages spoken where the Bible was written so obviously it would be in those three languages. You don't need a god to write stories in your native tongue.
Contains interwoven stories
The Bible consists of 66 books and they all contain interwoven stories. This proves that God was the author and guided the writers.
View Problems (1)Problem 1 The stories are interwoven because they are all based off of one another. If you put all the stories of Greek mythology into one book they would also be interwoven and appear to tell one complete story.
- 1:1 The Need To Discuss Christianity 1:2 Christianity Isn't Harmless 1:3 Has it Caused Good? 1:4 Christianity's Immoral Teachings
- 2:1 Why Christianity Can't Be True 2:2 God 2:3 Jesus Christ 2:4 Souls & the Supernatural 2:5 Why So Many Still Believe
- 3:1 Closer look at the Bible 3:2 False Claims 3:3 Contradictions 3:4 Bible Stories
- 4:1 History of the Faith 4:2 Creating the Bible 4:3 Changes & Lost Gospels 4:4 Inventing Christ
- 5:1 Living For This Life 5:2 What Godlessness Means 5:3 Atheism & Humanism 5:4 Stories of De-Conversion 5:5 Answers & Concerns
Topics Links &